Sunday, February 15, 2009

The Orbit, Palatine, Il


This afternoon, Eric and I attended the 1-4 session at the Orbit Skate Center, in Palatine, Il.

I've been skating at this rink off and on for the last three years. At only 36 years old, it is one of the newer rinks I've been in. It has the nicest wood floor I have ever seen and is the second largest floor I have ever been on. They offer a skate classes and I am impressed with their schedule. They offer a good variety of skate times, including an all-blacklight Cosmic skate, an 11pm-3am adult skate and a one Sunday a month live organ session.


They have a snack bar, host parties and the pro shop has been great about adjusting my skates. What more can I say? I really like this rink.

These are my new Riedells. I had skated for years on a pair of old school wooden-wheeled Chicago skates. I skated for a time on a pair of Pacers whose wheels I really liked. But, despite stretching with a shoe tree and being beaten with a ball-peen hammer; the boots still pinched. So, I picked these up, had a new set of 62mm Bones and bearings put on and Viola! I think I've found my new pair.

3 comments:

Loretta said...

Great Blog. please feature this on the bizymoms Palatine community page

ELevin Design said...

Thank you for the lovely review of the Orbit Skate Center. As the owner, it was heartwarming to see that you spoke so highly of our floor, staff and facility. Hope to see you rolling in again soon! - S. Levin

wundermary said...

You are welcome!